Quotes that I use in my lessons:
• An uncommonly good musician always does common things uncommonly well.
• When you know, and you know you know, confidence replaces fear.
• Most people would rather be ruined by praise than helped by criticism.
• Scales are my daily prayers. My performance is the answer to those prayers. -Sir James Galway
• How do you eat an elephant?
One bite at a time.
• If you play an exercise wrong 9 times and finally, on the 10th time get it right, you have practiced wrong 90% of the time. This is not the time to move on, but the time to repeat it correctly several times to make the right way a habit.
• Don’t practice until you play it right;
Practice until you can’t play it wrong
• Your best teachers are your ears and what’s between them. Listen to yourself and think!